Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee pain when standing only  (Read 696 times)

Offline rn74

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee pain when standing only
« on: June 05, 2012, 06:22:24 PM »
Hello everyone.  I'm hoping you can help me with my knee problem.  It started roughly six months ago.  To the best of my knowledge, there was no injury or trauma.  One day, I bent down to examine something and when I stood up I felt a pain in my knee.  I've noticed that it only occurs when I straighten my knee while it is bearing weight.  If I simply sit in a chair and bend it, it doesn't hurt at all.  The more times I stand up under load, the worse it hurts.  If I stop for an hour or so to rest, the pain returns to the base level when bending again.  Any thoughts?  Thanks so much!

Oh, some other details that may be important:

Male, 31 years of age, moderate physical activity, no history of knee issues.  Thanks!

Offline Forevergimpy

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Knee pain when standing only
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 09:41:25 PM »
First off, sorry to hear you're now dealing with knee pain.  :(

Can you describe the kind of pain you have and it's location? (sharp, dull, inside, outside, etc....)  Does it hurt worse in the morning first thing, or only after load bearing? What have you tried to do to allieviate this (brace, medicine,) if anything?  Do you notice any swelling?

I would say regardless of the answers to any of my questions, if it's been 6 months of discomfort, it's worth a trip to the doctor.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Right Knee:
1993 Plica removal
1994 Lateral Release
1995 TTT & chondroplasty
1996 HW removal & debridement
2005 Meniscus trim & chondroplasty
5/17/12 Meniscus trim & ?

support