Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: OSTEOTOMY AND SERIOUS INFECTION AFTERWARDS  (Read 514 times)

Offline Jennyk

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
OSTEOTOMY AND SERIOUS INFECTION AFTERWARDS
« on: May 28, 2012, 03:48:23 PM »
Good Day

I had an osteotomy in my right knee at the end of September 2011 and about 4 weeks later a sever infection in my knee. A debridement was done twice and i was hospitalised for about 2 weeks having Intravenous antibiotika. After released from the hospital  i was using oral antibiotika for another 6 weeks.

Now it is almost 8 months after this operation and I am limping and having severe pain in every part of my legs from the knees, the calves, the ancles as well as my hip.

Can anyone please explain whether this is normal and if i will be able to walk properly again. I am going to physio once a week and also to the gym once a week. The doctor who treated just pull up his shoulders and told me to be patient.

Right now I am quite desperate and dont know what to do. Before this op I was going to the gym regualry and now I am not even able to walk.

Regards

Jenny

Offline kneepaincure

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: OSTEOTOMY AND SERIOUS INFECTION AFTERWARDS
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 06:05:40 AM »
I would think that any infection after surgery would cause pain that remains for a long time but 8 months later is probably a little too much. Have you though about visiting another doctor?
Have had tilted kneecaps for many years, and occasional patellar tendinitis.

support