Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Swelling and pain caused by rain  (Read 838 times)

Offline joanfan123

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Swelling and pain caused by rain
« on: May 21, 2012, 10:48:20 PM »
For those of us who live in the Northeastern US weather tends to cause a big issue for knees. Recently the weather has been very temperamental and we have been getting lots of rain storms. The rain is causing both my knees to swell, my left one is in the bregs horseshoe neoprene brace, so it already receive compression. My right however is not braces and I have a ace brand open patella compression sleeve I but on when I am at home when it gets swollen, but it is very annoying to move around while wearing it. It doesn't seem very practical for school. Does anyone have any suggestions for either knee?

Joan
May '10- PT LK
June '11- PT LK
October '11- Cortisone LK
11/8/11- Arthroscope Fat Pad trimmed LK

Offline minor_discrepancy

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Swelling and pain caused by rain
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 12:52:09 AM »
You could try taking NSAIDS during the day (at the dosage on the bottle) to help a little bit with the inflammation.  I have a knee brace that is designed by Wellgate that is pretty comfy for walking around/sitting.  http://www.wellgateproducts.com/  It's a nice little brace and I know people who swear by it.  It also goes on pretty tight.  I get a lot of swelling with the weather and the only thing that really seems to make a difference for me is putting it up whenever possible and using the brace/NSAIDS. :(
02/21 (scheduled) OATS
4/09 Dislocated patella
6/09 LR + Chondroplasty, LB removal
2/12 Microfracture + Chondroplasty
7/13 Chondroplasty + Cleanup