Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee injuries and impacts on Careers/Jobs  (Read 709 times)

Offline c3neely

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee injuries and impacts on Careers/Jobs
« on: May 19, 2012, 04:14:46 PM »
So I was in the middle of a career change (I taught for a few years) and I had a Tibial Plateau Fracture...broke it in Brazilian jiujitsu class...its changed my life to say the least.  Its been a year out...im in a position where i can still choose my career path..but this is the thing:

Im not a desk job guy.  Id rather blow my brains out then sit around and be an accountant (no offense)..its just not me.  But at the same time...am i screwing myself by going to school for a job i'm not going to be able to do in the future?  I dont know.  U dont want to cut yourself short..and be miserable at ure job doing something u hate..but then theres a side of u thinking "maybe i need to be more realistic"

I know a guy that hires for an Operations job at the Exelon Power Plant...if i wasnt hurt, this would be my dream job (make really good money..i enjoy that line of work..great company).  I would need to complete a few more courses in Math/Physics/Science before I could qualify...its not a heavy lifting job or anything like that, but u are on ure feet for extended periods of time.  If I need to get a TKR in my 40's (im 28 now)...can I realistically do that?

Are there stories of TKR people who arent summoned to desk jobs???

support