Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TTO with MPFL Reconstruction Issues  (Read 659 times)

Offline Ultra Runner Ryan

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
TTO with MPFL Reconstruction Issues
« on: May 18, 2012, 03:37:56 PM »
I had a TTO revision on Wedenesday the 16th May 2012, I am 2 days in and there is a lot of current swelling. I have been advised to complete 2 exercises. One is pushing the knee to the floor and tensing, this is not an issue. The other is to get a bend in the leg to get back the range of movement.

It is the leg bend that I am having an issue with. When I am bending the leg, I get to 10 degree bend and the knee cap jumps from the medial side to the knee into the centre. This is about an inch shift and is a jumping motion. This makes me jump and is a very strange feeling.

Has anyone experienced the same?

Ryan

Offline lisa424

• Forum Faithful
Re: TTO with MPFL Reconstruction Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 01:05:13 AM »
Well it could just be that the mpfl needs to loosen up over time and your quad muscles are too weak right now to align your patella correctly. I wouldn't worry now. When this happened to me, I knew after six months that things weren't going to improve, but in your case it's too soon to assume anything is wrong.  Have you had any other surgeries previously?

Offline Ultra Runner Ryan

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: TTO with MPFL Reconstruction Issues
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 12:39:57 PM »
Lisa,

Thank you for coming back to me. I am hoping that it will start t clear up. The leg has wasted so much already! I am a restelss patient which doesnt help!

I have had a medial ligament reefing and a previous lateral transfer on the same leg, alonding with cartillage shaving.

What have you had done?

Ryan