Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: needing a good click sensation  (Read 692 times)

Offline Alicat

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
needing a good click sensation
« on: May 17, 2012, 10:56:24 PM »
my knee popped out again a few days ago and since then i've had this sensation of needing to give my knee a good click or a good yank to pull it back together its a very bizarre sensation, could this mean somethings caught up in the wrong place still?

i had an appointment with the orthopedics referral team about my xrays today and although they clear (taken about 4 weeks ago) on fiddling with my knee he agreed I'd originally dislocated it and since it keeps subluxing and reducing randomly, he said my knee maltracks quite badly and he can feel my knee cap grating along the bone when he bends it. He's referred me to the surgeon for  MRI and possible surgery so things are going in the right direction even though it is 6 months since my initial injury, wonder if things might've been different if i hadn't been too "busy" to bother going to a&e lol

any way is there a way of manipulating my knee to release whatevers trapped up? or should i stay off it for a few days and see how that goes? thanks!!

Offline minor_discrepancy

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: needing a good click sensation
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 06:01:52 PM »
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your knee popping out again!  Honestly, I'd leave it be and try to keep off of it until your Dr. appointment.  That feeling of your knee being "stopped up" or hard to bend could mean a little piece of cartilage or bone got scraped off and is now either a flap in the way or floating around in there getting trapped.  I had very similar symptoms before they pulled out a hunk of bone from my leg, though they were much more severe.  Try and stay off of it and ice it and see if whatever it is will work it's way out on it's own.  Honestly, you should never ever try and force your knee into any movement it doesn't seem inclined to.  You could unintentionally cause yourself some fairly serious damage.

Hope that helps... :)
02/21 (scheduled) OATS
4/09 Dislocated patella
6/09 LR + Chondroplasty, LB removal
2/12 Microfracture + Chondroplasty
7/13 Chondroplasty + Cleanup