Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: PCL and Oats surgery PAIN  (Read 1057 times)

Offline JR160

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
PCL and Oats surgery PAIN
« on: May 05, 2012, 01:53:09 AM »
I had surgery 6 weeks ago and to this day I have a huge amount of pain in tibia from the knee to my ankle. I am on pain killers but it doesn't touch the pain in my bone. My foot swells to at least twice the size of the other one. Does anyone know what the pain in my bone could be?

Offline kneepaincure

• Forum Faithful
Re: PCL and Oats surgery PAIN
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 07:23:43 AM »
Hi JR160,

I see no one has responded to you yet. Unfortunately I know nothing about this surgery. How is the pain in your leg now?
Have had tilted kneecaps for many years, and occasional patellar tendinitis.

Offline JR160

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 04:59:39 PM »
I went to P/T today and they said that pain was all in my head. I was given an anti-embolism stocking and told that it will go away. The pain is at an 8 on the pain scale.

Offline kneepaincure

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 11:15:50 PM »
Well I think that your PT has no idea what he/she is saying. This level of pain is definitely not in your head. Please seek an opinion from your surgeon and if you get the same answers, then you should look for a second opinion.
Have had tilted kneecaps for many years, and occasional patellar tendinitis.

Offline Forevergimpy

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 11:49:12 PM »
How upsetting to hear that the PT was so rude!  >:(  I'm not sure what your insurance situation is, but if possible I would look into another PT to take over your rehab.
I also do not have any experience with your surgery either so I cannot offer anything other than sympathy and compassion for your pain and frustration.
Right Knee:
1993 Plica removal
1994 Lateral Release
1995 TTT & chondroplasty
1996 HW removal & debridement
2005 Meniscus trim & chondroplasty
5/17/12 Meniscus trim & ?

Offline JR160

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 02:16:00 AM »
The bad thing is that I am in the Army and they only have so many P/T's at the clinic. I have also been asking about the bone, My shin and ankle are painful to touch almost as if it were sprained except I have had no weight bearing for almost three months total now. I can follow the pain from my ankle up to my groin in almost a straight line.  Starting to get worried, I have read about a condition called CRPS and not sure if this could be the cause?

Offline captainruss

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 03:18:15 AM »
JR,

I have been thru multiple surgeries where they saw off my leg bone and pound on a joint.

I have been thru 8 and my foot, leg, knee all swell.  My cause is Arthrofibrosis.  I am one of a very few that end up with it.

Is your knee stiff?  Can you bend it at all? 

As for your pain, you need to tell them to treat your pain.  If you are at a 8 and getting no relief you need them to admit you to the hospital and get you relief.

I found a booklet "Intractable Pain Patients Guide" by Dr. Forest to be interesting reading on pain.  It tells you how to talk to Pain Management doctors and what to ask for.  Check it out and if you have any questions, let me know.  Pain is a sign something is wrong and if the PT will not listen, ask for a new one.

Russ
80 Shattered patella 5 surg
09  TKR 
09  MUA
09  MUA
09  Knee infected??
10  TKR  Scar Tissue
10  2nd OS  Diagnosis Infection
10  TKR with antibiotic spacer, no joint
4/11  TKR
11  TKR PT
11  TKR