Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: LR and Patella Stabilization Surgery  (Read 36830 times)

Offline krunzer

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 2
Re: LR and Patella Stabilization Surgery
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2013, 01:47:57 AM »
Report on Mountain Sledding trip #2

We went to the mountains again this past weekend snowmobiling.  After a very restless night and worrying to the point of almost making myself sick, I can call this trip a success!!!  I cannot travel the trails standing up like I could before but I made it 4 1/2 hours of decent snowmobiling!  I would rate my success at about 85% back to what I was doing two winters ago before surgery.  I was very excited as I did not expect it to go this well.  I was following my husband and his friends around the mountain doing things I did not expect to be doing so early.  It was so good for my self esteem and mental blocks that I I had up before.  By the end of the day it was very tired and achey so I made sure to stop doing anything extreme and just relax a bit and watch.  I may have overdone it a little as it is still a little swollen, but it is no longer achey.  I'm sure physio will be ecstatic about my progress when I see him again at the beginning of March.  I just needed to share with everyone how happy I was!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:54:09 AM by krunzer »

Offline allyd

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 34
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2013, 02:19:51 AM »
Great news! Congrats on all the hard work. And I expect the report of trip #3 to have even more progress.  ;D
04/09 RK - Dislocated Patella & Grade III MCL Tear
06/10 RK - Re-Dislocation Patella
09/11 RK - MPFLr + Lateral Lengthening

Offline Brambledog

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2013, 09:38:03 AM »
Sounds amazing, krunzer....really happy you had such a great time after all that worry  8)

Onwards and upwards...

Brams  ;)
2009 - diagnosed coeliac
Aug 2011 - L knee arthroscopy
Aug 2011 - diagnosed PF arthritis L knee
Nov 2011 - diagnosed CRPS L knee
Dec 2011 - MRI R knee, PFOA is worse than L!
June 2012 - no surgery 'til TKR's
Nov 2012 - CRPS spread to L foot/thigh, increasing pain
- Worsening pain/symptoms R knee
;-)

Offline krunzer

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2013, 02:51:16 PM »
Good News!  I was released from Physio in early March.  No more seeing my physio guy unless I have questions or something happens (fingers crossed nothing does).  I was able to do a one leg stand up from about 90 degrees on my operated knee and after I told him about my sledding trip he felt I was good enough that I didnt have to go back.  Now it's time for me to get my butt in gear and get back into a spin class or something like that. 

Good luck to everyone and Happy Easter!