Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Supartz lasted only 13 weeks  (Read 2139 times)

Offline nicolse

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Supartz lasted only 13 weeks
« on: May 15, 2009, 01:55:14 PM »
 :'(  Someone posted that they had two series of Supartz or Synvisc.  After 13 weeks, my left knee is back to the way it was prior to Supartz therapy.

I don't know what will come next ... does anyone know if there is a way to measure how my cartilege replacement stuff is left in the knee joint?

Offline kemerovokatie

• Regular Poster
Re: Supartz lasted only 13 weeks
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 03:48:44 PM »
I don't know if ther is a way to measure or not but just wanted to add that the Supartz only worked about 6 weeks for me.  I know a lot of people who have it provide great reflief for years, unfortunately I was not one of them.     I was very disappointed.

Offline Caroline109

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 10:11:50 PM »
I had 2 runs of SUpartz. The first was in 2005-only 3 shots approved and did virtually nothing. I tried them again in the early spring of 2008, as a last ditch effort to put off some kind of knee replacement. I had 5 shots which did nothing. I concluded my knee, by then, was too far down the road and had in fact, arrived at bone-on-bone arthritis. Shortly after that, I had a consultation about knee replacement and had a partial knee replacement in Sept. 2008. For me, the SUpartz did nothing--but I probably had it too late. I wold consider trying it sooner on my other knee which is also getting bad, but not as bad as the right one was in 2008. No idea if it's possible to measure how much is in there. It does help some people, even though it sure didn't do anything for me !
Caroline
Chronic low platelet count
Men. surgery, both knees 2003,2007,2008
R PKR Sept. 17, 2008 - Biomet Oxford Partial
LK-TKR 4/21/2010 Biomet Vanguard Signature Knee
Scar tissue issue next to TKR knee
March 2, 2011: PKR to be revised to a TKR

Offline Scottagross

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 04:43:15 PM »
I had my first three injections of Supartz 6 years ago after many sleepless nights writhing in knee pain. I can honestly say that for that six years, I had the knees of a 16 year old. No pain...no aches...until last month. Even with 8 mile long walks up and down hills.
I just had shot two of three this week for my second series of shots and am hoping for another few years of relief. I did go from 250 lbs. to 200 lbs. during that period which probably helped a lot. I went from a 44 inch waist to a 35 inch waist. Less weight...less strain on the knees. The compliments I have received have helped a lot to keep it off.
Does Supartz work? It sure did for me...a "miracle drug" as far as I'm concerned.

support