Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: weirdness  (Read 788 times)

Offline mskristen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
weirdness
« on: April 27, 2012, 07:23:18 PM »
So hubs got out of the army and now we dont have insurance yet. Relying on you guys for a bit of advice. Lately towards end of shift at work...aka home depot....aka THD.....my entire theigh muscle will be clamped down in a cramp. I have patella disloction disorder. Currently on difloenac and lidocaine patches(which I am out of due to insurance situation). Is this a warning sign I should be heeding or just a new weirdness in my wonderful world of leg wierdness that I should get used too. TIA!

Offline RLE

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 7
Re: weirdness
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 10:23:05 PM »
I saw nobody has answered you and I don't know anywhere near as much as most on here but after 9 months I can say that I've experienced the sensation you described and I think it's a combination of pain and weakness. The brain is getting the message that the muscle is weak and/or since the patella isn't tracking properly that the leg wants to give way and it goes tight to protect itself from falling. My tightness has improved quite a bit but I still walk with a pegleg.
Accident 2011: permanent dislocation, hole under the patella, bone fragments/debris embedded, scar tissue, 3 torn ligaments, fracture, cartilage sheared off, contracture,
2011 MUA
PT on-going
2012 MPFL reconstruction,TTT
        TTT
        Lateral lengthenin
        Arthroscopy/clean out
Thx Dr. T

Offline Brambledog

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 05:36:23 PM »
Have you considered going to a good physio? It's a lot cheaper than seeing an OS, and the good ones have a lot of knowledge and can give you some good advice.

Anything to do with muscles and weakness, especially to do with a patella maltracking condition, you should be able to ask a physio about. They may be able to give you some exercises to help, and some advice on whether it needs further investigation.

Hope this helps!

Brams  ;)
2009 - diagnosed coeliac
Aug 2011 - L knee arthroscopy
Aug 2011 - diagnosed PF arthritis L knee
Nov 2011 - diagnosed CRPS L knee
Dec 2011 - MRI R knee, PFOA is worse than L!
June 2012 - no surgery 'til TKR's
Nov 2012 - CRPS spread to L foot/thigh, increasing pain
- Worsening pain/symptoms R knee
;-)

Offline RLE

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 03:38:01 PM »
So hubs got out of the army and now we dont have insurance yet. Relying on you guys for a bit of advice. Lately towards end of shift at work...aka home depot....aka THD.....my entire theigh muscle will be clamped down in a cramp. I have patella disloction disorder. Currently on difloenac and lidocaine patches(which I am out of due to insurance situation). Is this a warning sign I should be heeding or just a new weirdness in my wonderful world of leg wierdness that I should get used too. TIA!

When you post pain/muscle questions usually not many answer usually but I've experienced what you describe and around December or so some else posted the same question and got no response. What I posted is what my two physical therapists told me and the second one is my current one who has her PhD. My tightness was terrible for the longest time it also seemed to lock my patella down but now has eased up.

I am sorry about your insurance problem, I hope you'll get some soon.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 03:46:40 PM by LER »
Accident 2011: permanent dislocation, hole under the patella, bone fragments/debris embedded, scar tissue, 3 torn ligaments, fracture, cartilage sheared off, contracture,
2011 MUA
PT on-going
2012 MPFL reconstruction,TTT
        TTT
        Lateral lengthenin
        Arthroscopy/clean out
Thx Dr. T