Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: UPDATE  (Read 464 times)

Offline pdlucky

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
UPDATE
« on: April 23, 2012, 05:38:43 PM »
Well I wanted to give an update and thank everyone that gave me their opinion on what I needed to do for my knee.  I took everything to heart and really have let the pain drive me to do what I needed to do for a long time.  Currently I am down to 219 lbs and have not been obese for a couple weeks now.  Total weight loss has been 66 lbs. over the course of the last year and 2 months.  I hvae been eating healthy and swimming laps every morning.  The knee is much more stable now since the quads have really been coming back and getting strong.  The pain is still there and hurts much worse if I'm not wearing my unloading brace.  So that is now just a way of life I wake up every morning and that is the first thing I put on.  All in all I am in a much better place and I have set myself up with a new lifestyle that will help me to continue my weight loss and increasing my activity!!

Offline Forevergimpy

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 01:25:59 AM »
Congratulations! Weight loss in itself is quite an accomplishment, but weight loss with a bum knee is stellar! Great job on making the tough choices to reclaim your life little by little and thank you for posting your success. I'm easily disheartened by my knee and often tell myself that I can "never get there" meaning healthy and strong, but I know it just takes determination and creativity. Thanks again for being an inspiration.
Right Knee:
1993 Plica removal
1994 Lateral Release
1995 TTT & chondroplasty
1996 HW removal & debridement
2005 Meniscus trim & chondroplasty
5/17/12 Meniscus trim & ?

support