Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Colorado PRP or Prolotherapy Doctors  (Read 1919 times)

Offline stillinpain72

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Colorado PRP or Prolotherapy Doctors
« on: April 19, 2012, 05:55:24 AM »
I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions or referrals for a good PRP/Prolo doctor in Colorado. Has anyone ever used Dr. Joanne Douglas in Littleton, CO? Any and all feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline amoler

• Forum Faithful
Re: Colorado PRP or Prolotherapy Doctors
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 03:45:58 PM »
Can't help you with the Colorado part. But the PRP I had last summer made a noticeable improvement in my pain level. (And then I fell down the stairs and hurt my MCL) I'm going to have another round in June. There is no scientific support for the dextrose prolo stuff, but lots of good hard science european journal articles that verify PRP as a true assist to the healing process.
'77- Rt knee menicus tear
'90 -2nd menscus tear
'91 -failed arthroscopy/partial menisectomy
patella dislocation 10/ 2010
Dx = grade 4 chondromalacia + synovitis + Meniscus tear + lax strained medial ligaments
Fall down the stairs 7/20/11 - mcl sprain + 2 meniscus tears

Offline patkar

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 04:36:57 PM »
Hi Amoler, could you contact via email I would like to get more information about your experience with PRP.
my email is [email protected] - I am looking at PRP for my feet. Casey

Offline stillinpain72

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 05:43:20 PM »
Thanks Amoler,

I too want to hear more about your PRP experiences.  What was your injury?  Where did you have it done?  What European scientific reports did you read?  Did it hurt, and what was the process like?  Do you think it helps with cartilage or meniscus healing?  Thanks!!

Offline amoler

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 10:00:50 PM »
At this point in my life I've had nearly 35 years of injuries to my right knee (skim the list at the bottom of the email) I have very little medial meniscus left and what's there is in pretty awful shape. The chondromalacia is grade IV under patella and my best understanding is that translates to bone on bone. I have 2 mensical cysts, 1 medial /1 lateral, which are highly indicative of horizontal cleavage tears. In the 90's I stupidly let some OS chop out about 30% of the medial side. And then could barely walk at all for the next year.

There is only one place is my area that does PRP. I am desperately trying to avoid more surgery (because the last time it was such a raging disaster) Anybody know if I'm allowed to give the name of the Dr. on this board??

They sucked out abut 25 ml of blood and ran in through a series of centrifuge filters to concentrate the platelets. The doc used U/s to guide the needle and injected into about 5 different places. I am anaphylactically allergic to lidocaine so all this was done without any local anaesethetic. It hurt like O(&%%[email protected]!! for 10 minutes  (But not as much as giving birth.) Over the course of the next 4 hours though the pain went from ache to OMG-give me narcotics now! And stayed that way for about 36 hrs. I couldn't bend it or hardly put any weight on it for about 3 days. It swelled some. Bear in mind that no anti-inflammatories of ANY kind can be taken for 10 days before PRP up thru about 2 weeks after. Tylenol and narcotics only. It took a week before I could walk halfway normal and 2 weeks to get back to where I had been before the PRP and then conitnued to improve. It diminished the sharp under the patella pain that I had suffered since the disclocation. And helped with some of the more general medial pain.

And then I fell down the stairs and wrecked my MCL.... which 10 months later still hasn't even remotely healed
'77- Rt knee menicus tear
'90 -2nd menscus tear
'91 -failed arthroscopy/partial menisectomy
patella dislocation 10/ 2010
Dx = grade 4 chondromalacia + synovitis + Meniscus tear + lax strained medial ligaments
Fall down the stairs 7/20/11 - mcl sprain + 2 meniscus tears

Offline patkar

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 10:30:28 PM »
Amoler - thank you very much for info. about your experience.

support