Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee injury causing hip problems?  (Read 639 times)

Offline k66yla

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Knee injury causing hip problems?
« on: April 15, 2012, 06:46:59 PM »
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has any hip problems due to their knee being injured? The past few months I've had problems, seems like a groin strain, its got so bad that I can barely put my sock on my foot. If I've been sitting on a stool and step down the pain is excruciating also getting in and out of the car. Luckily it goes away after a minute or two.

Seen the OS about my knee and mentioned the hip problem and he said he'll do xrays after we've dealt with the knee problem. So I'm guessing when the knee is sorted the hip problem should get better  ???

Had an MRI done on my knee on Friday but won't get to know the results until I see the OS at the end of next month.
April 83 - Right Knee Trauma
             2 Broken Wrists
1999    - Lateral Release Left Knee
Nov 10 - Anterior HornTear & Parameniscal Cyst Athroscopy Left Knee

Offline Oreos

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Knee injury causing hip problems?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 01:09:54 AM »
Ive been having hip problems too-way before my knee problem. I have tendonitus in both of my hips. When i fell and hurt my knee, my left hip was also involved in how i fell-maybe how you fell impacted the hip by the way you fell. Also, ive been noticing that since my knee cant straighten or bend, wen i try to straighten or bend it, i feel like im using my hip more to control my knee. I feel ya!!

Offline k66yla

• Regular Poster
Re: Knee injury causing hip problems?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 06:49:14 PM »
Thanks for your reply Oreos. I initially injured my knee in a fall 3 years ago and had a torn lateral meniscus partial removal back in Nov 2010. All was going well until a few weeks after the op and have had problems ever since but only with the knee. The hip problem only started a couple of months back, so I'm guessing it could be because of the limping around I've had to do. I don't think I injured my hip/back in the original fall and have had no other accidents. I did'nt realise hips could be so painful, so know exactly where you are coming from.
April 83 - Right Knee Trauma
             2 Broken Wrists
1999    - Lateral Release Left Knee
Nov 10 - Anterior HornTear & Parameniscal Cyst Athroscopy Left Knee

support