Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Bleed  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Martin-R

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Bleed
« on: April 14, 2012, 04:59:58 PM »
I've had two lateral releases, the last one about 18 months ago with a chrondoplasty.

I've just had a washout and microfracture to the same knee and was doing really well for the first week. No pain, swelling on the way down etc and then  'boom', massive swelling. I'm on warfarin as a preventative as had a DVT with the last op and the surgeon thinks I'm bleeding into the knee. I'm seeing him again on Wednesday at which point he'll decide whether to aspirate or not. I was up to about 90 degrees ROM but now down to about 45 degrees.

If anyone else has had a bleed, how long does it take to reabsorb the blood if you didn't have it aspirated?

Offline captainruss

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 9
Re: Bleed
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 03:42:05 AM »
Martin,

I had a similar problem after my TKR #7 and my OS had to open me back up and fix the bleeder/aspirate the blood from the joint.  The problem he stated was the blood was getting no oxygen if outside the blood vessels and it would go bad.  I don't know what to tell you.  Has your bleeding stopped or does it continue?  I would think it will not quit on its own and cannot evacuate the joint unless removed.

Russ
80 Shattered patella 5 surg
09  TKR 
09  MUA
09  MUA
09  Knee infected??
10  TKR  Scar Tissue
10  2nd OS  Diagnosis Infection
10  TKR with antibiotic spacer, no joint
4/11  TKR
11  TKR PT
11  TKR