Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tibial Plateau fracture?? Can medical treatment wait?  (Read 650 times)

Offline jlk2011

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Tibial Plateau fracture?? Can medical treatment wait?
« on: April 11, 2012, 09:15:41 PM »
I wrote a post a few weeks ago but I cannot seem to find it...  Basically my dog ran into my leg and I've been having serious pain and swelling in my knee ever since. I'm 110 lbs, 26yrs old and female.  I went to an orthopedic surgeon the next day and after a brief exam he told me it was probably a contusion.

When the pain didn't go away I decided to go back to another orthopedic surgeon who suggested an MRI because my PCL did not feel "tight".  I just got an MRI today and the tech told me the images show a fracture.  After looking at the images and comparing them to what I could find on google I think it is a Tibial Plateau fracture. (It could totally be nothing but I don't really know what I'm looking at...) I called the doctor after the MRI and the earliest appointment I can get isn't until Monday.

It has already been 3 weeks since my injury...  Will another 5 days matter?  Should I push to see him again sooner?

Please let me know if you have any advice!!

Thank you!

Offline maryc

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 18
Re: Tibial Plateau fracture?? Can medical treatment wait?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 11:58:39 PM »
There is no way I can tell you if 5 more days will matter.  My personal opinion would be to call the OS office and asked if he can examine the MRI immediately.  Your OS would be in the best position to decide what your immediate course of action should be.
8/4/07 fell
8/5 diagnosed TPF
8/6 surgery plate and 6 screws
8/12 out of hospital NWM
8/21 staples removed
9/18 OS appt - WBAT with crutches
10/10 - WBAT with cane
10/27 - back to work w/cane
12/26 - no cane, slight limp when tired
1/25/08 - released from PT, no limp
2/3/09 - Released by OS

support