Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tricks to Absorb Loose Scar Tissue?  (Read 1655 times)

Offline OCD in Portland

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Tricks to Absorb Loose Scar Tissue?
« on: April 05, 2012, 08:12:03 PM »
I have been working the past few months on my ROM post-surgery and whenever we (me and my PT) make progress, the next day I feel a bunch of loose scar tissue in the joint and my knee gets really swollen and retrogrades my progress.  Does anyone know of any supplements, foods, exercises, or other treatments that help speed up your bodies absorption of scar tissue loose bodies?

Offline LindaM

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 8
Re: Tricks to Absorb Loose Scar Tissue?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:23:00 AM »
I have used Bromelain for four orthopedic surgeries and my surgeon commented on how fast I healed. About 5 years ago there was a study published in the Lancet that found that bromelain(an extract from pineapple) helps surgical patients bodies absorb damaged cells more rapidly so that bruising heals faster as well as surgical sites.  I would think it would do the same for the debris released as your PT breaks up scar tissue working on your range of motion.  It is available at most health food stores.  I have used GNC brand and Twinlabs since they are both very good quality.

You can check out the data about bromelain and surgery on line.

Good healing. :)

Linda
>20 yrs. osteo and inflammatory arthritis, fibromyalgia
meniscus repair Sept. 2009
right PKR June 2010
left PKR Feb. 2012

Offline OCD in Portland

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 09:26:13 PM »
Thanks Linda for the suggestion.  I started taking the Bromelain about two weeks ago, along with acupuncture and kinesio tap, and I am feeling so much better.  Not sure what is contributing to the good feeling, but I'm going to continue with it all!

Offline LindaM

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 09:38:09 PM »
Glad things are improving.  I have also used the kineseotape and loved it.  I had some severe bruising that it really worked on this last PKR.

Hope the PT continues to go well and you are back in action soon. :)

Linda
>20 yrs. osteo and inflammatory arthritis, fibromyalgia
meniscus repair Sept. 2009
right PKR June 2010
left PKR Feb. 2012

support