Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: partial knee replacement 5 years after tibial osteotomy  (Read 652 times)

Offline shmily

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
partial knee replacement 5 years after tibial osteotomy
« on: March 29, 2012, 05:08:25 AM »
Has anybody had a total or partial knee replacement after having a tibial osteotomy?? I had the tibial osteotomy in December of 2006 and in January of 2012 had a partial knee replacement. At first I was doing great but I seem to be having more pain as the weeks go by. My doctor tells me it is because I have had surgery. By the way.... this partial replacement is the 6th surgery on this same knee... and my doctor tells me that my knee is angry and that is why I am having so much pain and that I need to work through the pain... that I need to get rough with it and massage it while watching TV. My pain is located along the right side of the knee cap (which is the side I had replaced.. the inside of the right knee) and in the back on the outside. If you have anything that can help me I would greatly appreaciate it... a suggestion... or anything!!!!  My email is [email protected]

Offline punkychica

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: partial knee replacement 5 years after tibial osteotomy
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 03:44:51 PM »
I know this post is old, but I am curious as to how you are doing. My situation is very similar. I've had 6 knee surgeries on the same knee, my right. I've had multiple MPFL reconstructions and a lateral release. I had a tibial tubercle transfer done in April 2013 that was unsuccessful for kneecap dislocation issues. I then had an arthroscopy in November 2013 for debriefing. My most recent surgery was a partial knee replacement with the OATs procedure done in February 2014. I am only 29 years old and still really struggling with this most recent procedure. I'm having lots of crepitus, that crunching/grinding feeling and lots of pain. Also, lots of swelling. My PT guy doesn't give me advice as he has never seen this procedure. I've lost my job due to this and don't know where to go from here. How has your recovery been?

support