Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Please Help needed understanding MRI Results  (Read 4001 times)

Offline irehs

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Please Help needed understanding MRI Results
« on: March 14, 2012, 05:01:37 PM »
Could someone please put these results into plain english for me as I really want to understnad what is wrong and the prognosis befor my appointment with the surgeon.

Findings: Both the menisci are normal. The cruciate and collateral ligaments are normal. There is superlateral fat impingement. Degenerative changes in patellofemoral joint with reduced lateral joint space. Moderate joint effusion with synovial reaction and fluid in the suprapatellar bursa. There is linear irregular hypointense signal in the distal femoral shaft which appears hyperintense on STIR images with subtle marrow oedema with subtle marrow oedema anteriorly. There is also associated patchy red marrow replacement in femoral and tibial shafts. Small bakers cyst noted.
Conclusion
There is superlateral fat impingement. Degenerative changes in patellofemoral joint with reduced lateral joint space. Moderate joint effusion. There is  patchy red marrow replacement. However there is linear irregular signal abnormality is distal femoral shaft and suspicion of bone infarct cannot be ruled out.

There is a lot there are I really done understnad what it means and how seriouse it may be. Any help would be greatly appriciated

Cheers

Offline destinycrane

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
  • Fall down 7 times. Get up 8.
Re: Please Help needed understanding MRI Results
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 12:36:37 PM »
I'll help with what I know, and with what I've heard from my doctor.

Your menisci and all of your ligaments are normal.  You have a fat impingement, which i'm guessing is a fat pad on your lateral side. Changes from age/wear in your PF joint and your space for your lateral area reduced. You have excessive joint swelling with fluid in the bursa.

That's all I know.
17 years old
08-10 diagnosed w/ PFPS, runners knee/Osgood-Schlatters Disease
12/11 Exploratory R knee scope
09/12 R MPML Plication
12/12 L MPML Plication
-kneecaps still sublux