Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Feeling Anxious and Confused.. Help? :(  (Read 2534 times)

Offline minor_discrepancy

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Feeling Anxious and Confused.. Help? :(
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 05:51:18 PM »
So I was thinking I'd just keep updating this thread for now until surgery with what's going on.  I was considering starting up a post-surgery diary to help add to the information about OATS. :)

Right after seeing my doctor, my knee felt like a million bucks for about three days and I was starting to freak out a little bit.  What if I don't need surgery??  Then something happened. I suddenly started feeling like there was a piece of something in my knee getting in the way.  Now when I walk, I can feel something lodging itself intermittently either underneath my patella, or on the lateral side of the joint in between my femur and tibia.  My knee has gotten really swollen too and at times I'll be able to walk normal, only to have to stop short suddenly due to a sharp, jarring pain of something getting caught.  It hasn't been the best feeling in the world.  It's also causing my knee to ache at night. 

Anyways, I am continuing with R.I.C.E. and trying to keep the leg up at night to ease some of the pressure I feel in the back.  That helps a little bit.  Unfortunately, there's a bar underneath my desk that supports it that no mater how much I lower my chair I keep smacking my knee into it.  Yeowch!  I might have to wrap that thing in something soft before I leave for the operation.

Anyways.. that's what's going on right now. :) Feel a bit gloomy about the prospect of being out of commission for so long in the future but what can you do.

02/21 (scheduled) OATS
4/09 Dislocated patella
6/09 LR + Chondroplasty, LB removal
2/12 Microfracture + Chondroplasty
7/13 Chondroplasty + Cleanup