Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: FNG - Recent Injury to knee - torn patellar tendon & MCL  (Read 2116 times)

Offline dwhyte85

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
FNG - Recent Injury to knee - torn patellar tendon & MCL
« on: March 09, 2012, 09:55:09 PM »
Hello,

Just a quick post to get some feeling of how knackered I am  ;D

Playing rugby got hit very hard on the outside of my left knee - unable to walk, leg just gives way, unable to lift leg when straight and unable to move leg to straighten. Normal UK A&E protocol.. sent home ASAP with a brace and a referral for the fracture clinic 2 weeks later - despite an X-Ray showing no fracture but was told I had Osgood Schlatters on that same knee.

Today had my ultrasound... lovely lady saw the state of my leg flopping about. After the ultrasound was complete said torn patellar tendon and likely damaged MCL and immediately went to the MRI department and organised me an appointment for later that day. MRI complete but I wont get results for 11 days - my next consultant appointment.

I guess the questions are:

- In the UK, from experience how long has it taken from diagnosis to operation?
- Will the MCL damage cause any other issues - or will this heal naturally?
- With the additional Osgood Schlatters diagnosis on this same knee, how likely is it that I'll ever return to rugby?

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:59:25 PM by dwhyte85 »

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 211
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
Re: FNG - Recent Injury to knee - torn patellar tendon & MCL
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »
I you let me have your e-mail address , I will let you have some further documentation, which will outline part of your injury.

You will sustain quite a long rehab procedure, so you will have to forget sport activities for quite some time.  Where do you live?

Take care

JohnK/ Manchester UK
[email protected]
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon