Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Prolotherapy and a stretched Allograft  (Read 1243 times)

Offline mscot

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Prolotherapy and a stretched Allograft
« on: February 29, 2012, 05:14:33 AM »
New to the board. Hello everyone.

Quick summation of my problem:
Right Knee
1997 ACL reconstruction with Patella Tendon Graft, some shaving of the Meniscus
2006 ACL revision with Allograft, more clean-up of Meniscus
38 yr old male. Avid snowboarder and cyclist. Living in Denver, CO.

I haven't had a specific incident that caused re-injury but I snowboard pretty aggressively and I've been having more and more pain throughout this season.
I just saw an Orthopedist today, scheduled for an MRI on Thursday. Doctor suspects that the allograft has been stretched out considerably if not torn. There is a stopping point in forward movement of the tibia but it has considerable play before it gets there. Doctor also suspects that the PCL is torn as well. There's also indication of arthritis.

I don't want another surgery so I'm looking into alternative treatments and have done a lot of reading on prolotherapy today. However, I've found no mention of whether prolotherapy can work with an allograft.
Would anyone here know?

I'd love any other advice the board can offer. The Doc lectured me today about the damage I've done to my knee and how this will affect me down the line, especially if I keep charging the hill the way I do, but I'm not ready to give it up yet. Snowboarding is my zen.

TIA

Scot

Offline DennisKnee

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
Re: Prolotherapy and a stretched Allograft
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 10:28:51 AM »
I am of absolutely no help on the prolotherapy topic but just wanted to mention that I can completely relate to the "zen" thing!

Some people just don't get it! The conversation where I was told "no more martial arts and you might wanna rethink all the sports you play" blah blah blah.

Charge the hill!  ;D
Sep 10 - confirmed ACL & medial meniscus tear
Dec 11 - chronic patellar dislocation - MPFL tear
23 Feb 12 - scope, MUA & 50% medial meniscectomy
17 Apr 12 - ACLr and MPFLr

Offline patkar

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 03:41:40 AM »
New to the board. Hello everyone.

Quick summation of my problem:
Right Knee
1997 ACL reconstruction with Patella Tendon Graft, some shaving of the Meniscus
2006 ACL revision with Allograft, more clean-up of Meniscus
38 yr old male. Avid snowboarder and cyclist. Living in Denver, CO.

I haven't had a specific incident that caused re-injury but I snowboard pretty aggressively and I've been having more and more pain throughout this season.
I just saw an Orthopedist today, scheduled for an MRI on Thursday. Doctor suspects that the allograft has been stretched out considerably if not torn. There is a stopping point in forward movement of the tibia but it has considerable play before it gets there. Doctor also suspects that the PCL is torn as well. There's also indication of arthritis.

I don't want another surgery so I'm looking into alternative treatments and have done a lot of reading on prolotherapy today. However, I've found no mention of whether prolotherapy can work with an allograft.
Would anyone here know?

I'd love any other advice the board can offer. The Doc lectured me today about the damage I've done to my knee and how this will affect me down the line, especially if I keep charging the hill the way I do, but I'm not ready to give it up yet. Snowboarding is my zen.

TIA

Scot

Have you thought abuot regenerexx from Colorado?

It might be useful for your knee.

Patkar

Offline BLOEB

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 09:54:17 PM »
bump...

I am curious on this as well, I have an Allograft approximately 13 months post op.  It is slightly stretched, +1 Lachman, but knee still slips in sports.  I was wondering if Prolotherapy combined with Physical therapy will work on the Allograft and help tighten it to zero.

Please Help.

Thanks,
Ben