Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: problems after TTT  (Read 829 times)

Offline rebeccalouise

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
problems after TTT
« on: February 26, 2012, 10:10:23 AM »
Hi all just found this site after trying to search for a few answers unsuccessfully so I hope someone can help me. I had right knee TTT surgery 4th January last year (2011) and since then I have had pain and swelling issues in my knee. The knee is usually swollen to about 1 inch more than my other knee with pain on bone at screw site and below and round the outside of knee. I have received continuous PT since surgery but 3 weeks ago the PT said enough was enough and she wrote to my consultant because she felt the knee was flicking over to the side on movement and that the swelling was not right after 12 months and asked for an appointment asap the hospital rang me on Friday afternoon and asked me to go in tomorrow morning to see the consultant. Do you think anything will be wrong or is this a common problem after TTT surgery and the PT is just being cautious?
Hope someone might throw a little bit of light on what to expect tomorrow as getting alittle worried

Thank you
Rebecca

Offline lululocket

• Forum Faithful
Re: problems after TTT
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:33:03 PM »
Looks like you'll have had the appointment by now, what did your OS say?
Sending you generic good knee vibes....
2003 RK dislocation
multiple sublaxations (10+), both knees
2007 LK dislocation
03/2010 TTT on RK
03/2012 TTT on LK

Offline rebeccalouise

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 07:28:42 AM »
Hi, thanks for replying, I had my appointment yesterday and he thinks that it is the screws that is causing all the immflamation so he is getting me booked in for the removal of the screws, probably be in about a months time.

Thank you

Offline lululocket

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 07:52:41 PM »
Hi Rebecca,

That's really good news then, because removing the screws should helpfully fix it, I hope it goes well! I have had a TTT as well, second one very very soon, so I'd love to hear your experience of having the screws out since that will be an option for me in a year or two, and I don't know much about the pros and cons.

Lululocket
2003 RK dislocation
multiple sublaxations (10+), both knees
2007 LK dislocation
03/2010 TTT on RK
03/2012 TTT on LK

support