Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy and patellofemosal ligament reconstruction  (Read 740 times)

Offline Matsinger

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Alright, I joined to try and get a few questions answered. Here is a little history on me. I'm 22 and I have had 3 lateral lynx repair, A thy muscle repair, 2x meniscus repairs and one where they shaved down my knee cap which was very painful. I sure I'm missing one or two all in all it took 13yr to 19yr and going under 7 diffrent times for everything to be complete. At 20 I felt like nothing was being fixed and stopped trying to fix it. Now I'm 22 and went back and this is a brand new Dr, Dr. Pepe at Rothmans Institute. He recommended Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy and patellofemosal ligament reconstruction both one both of my knee's. I will get both on my right knee and then 2 months and 2 weeks later both on my left knee. I'm Lucky enough to work from home  and I have convinced my GF quite her job and work for me for those 6 months ish I was told I would need to recover. What should I be expecting with these surgery's? My doctor refereed to all my past surgery's as very minor and these two would be very long and painful recovery.

Also on another question I was offered cold therapy system for a extra fee. Simply something that pushes cold water into the wrap/brace Ill have on, is it worth it?

Offline sy5gtt

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy and patellofemosal ligament reconstruction
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 01:16:58 PM »
Have a look here

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=58129.0

I now have a stress fracture and 12 weeks post op am still off work ( manual factory work ).