Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Sharp pain happened suddenly...:0(  (Read 774 times)

Offline Heidib

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Sharp pain happened suddenly...:0(
« on: February 09, 2012, 06:41:13 AM »
I am 45 yr old female in good shape. I work out 4-5 times a week and have never has any knee injuries. 

Today that changed.  I was cleaning house today, and while I was vacuuming i felt a slight pain in my knee.
I really didnt pay much attention to it. Then about 30 minutes later, I kneeled down to clean my bathroom floor,
And I immediately has a very sharp pain behind my knee.  The pain was excruciating and I almost passed out from the pain.  I layed on the floor for about 5 minutes then got up and took some ibuprofen and iced and elevated my knee.  I rested iced and elevated I every couple of hours since then.  Now, 7 hours later, I am wondering what possibly could have been hurt in my knee?  It doesn't hurt to stand on or to push on either side of the knee. But it does hurt to bend it. 

Any info or advice would be appreciated, as I do not have insurance and cannot afford to go to a dr.

Thank you!
Heidi

Offline Heidib

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Sharp pain happened suddenly...:0(
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 07:23:28 PM »
Darn, I was really hoping for some responses. :'(

Its been 19 hours since the initial injury and it still hurts to bend.  I woke up a couple of times during the night from pain when I inadvertantly bent my knee.

Thanks again!
Heidi

Offline Jbriss

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 08:54:27 PM »
From what I've read it doesn't take much of a twist to tear meniscus. Did you twist quickly maybe? Not sure what the extent of my injury is, other than partial tear in ACL. I suspect meniscus but a scope next week will confirm. Keep icing and doing the ibuprofen to keep inflammation down. And I would be seen by dr to get some idea of what it could be. Depending on what it is, you could do more damage if you don't get it resolved. Good luck!

Offline Heidib

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:49:03 PM »
Thanks for the response.
 :)

support