Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I have a serious problem  (Read 981 times)

Offline maybenextyear

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I have a serious problem
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:02:29 AM »
 Okay so my mri results..
FINDINGS: There is a mild joint effusion without definitive intraarticular body. There is abnormal morphology in the diminutive  size of the posterior horn and body of the medical meniscus  with bucket handle fragment extending towards the intracondylar notch and producing double PCL sign as well as redundant meniscal tissue adajacent to the anterior horn. There is blunting at the inner free edge of the posterior horn. There is a complete tear of the anterior cruciate ligament with atrophy of fibers and mild anterior tibial translation.The posterior cruciate ligament is buckled.though intact. Medial and lateral collateral ligament complexes are intact.Extensor mechanism is intact. There is subcortical marrow edema at the medial tibial plateau. Cartilage signal is normal without focal defect or irregularity. Muscle signal is normal,without  atrophy or edema. There is a tiny medial popliteal cyst.

IMPRESSIONS:
1.Bucket handle tear of the medial meniscus with reactive marrow edema of the medial tibial plateau.
2.Anterior cruciate ligament deficient knee with associated anterior tibial translation
3. Radial tear at the inner free edge of the posterior horn lateral meniscus
4.Mild joint effusion
5.Tiny baker's cyst

my Dr didn't explain this to me just said i have a meniscus tear. So if anyone knows what this means let me know

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:39:52 AM by maybenextyear »