Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: lateral knee pain  (Read 696 times)

Offline jagguy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
lateral knee pain
« on: February 06, 2012, 11:07:39 PM »
Hi,

I am a recreational triathlete 41 trying to get back to into competition.
I have laternal knee pain after training where walking is harder then running. I have had runner knee and when I got an MRI it showed nothing but some small fluid in the area. The sports doc said it could be a Plica causing problems and told me I can get it out of I wanted to but stressed it might not solve the problem.

I am not in sharp pain and I stetch often, strengthen VMO sometimes but it doesnt seem to just go away.

TO be honest I am not convinced about the Plica being the problem.
I got some relief by holding my kneecap across and bending my knee but not that seems to aggraviate my tendon on outside of right knee.

Bit confused as to what to do ( I might get another opinion from another doc) but my muscles are tight and it feels like something is tight on right side of knee.

ANdrew

Offline allyd

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 34
Re: lateral knee pain
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 12:17:06 AM »
I's suggest you do a little research on the IT band or ask your doc and see if it fits your symptoms. THis is just a guess based on your comments. Could be something more... or something completely different.
04/09 RK - Dislocated Patella & Grade III MCL Tear
06/10 RK - Re-Dislocation Patella
09/11 RK - MPFLr + Lateral Lengthening

Offline jagguy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: lateral knee pain
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 01:24:47 AM »
yes I have gone through all this. i still believe my calfs are very tight and ITband still needs some work.
IF it was a major problem then I would get a lot of pain or the MRI would how something .

I can still run and cycle after all.