Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: knee pains, what are possible causes? please help!  (Read 690 times)

Offline jaxd

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee pains, what are possible causes? please help!
« on: February 06, 2012, 12:39:06 AM »
hello, i hope someone can please give help me here.

so basically, when i walk for long hours(perhaps 2 hours or more), my knee starts hurting. this isn't recently either, i've had it happen since i was a kid. and from then to now, it has perhaps been 10 years or even longer.

it usually hurts around the calves, but recently, the top of my knee cap, the sides of my knee and the area before my knee hurts as well. sometimes, in really major conditions, it hurts to even walk, and the next day my knee area feels cramped, and it hurts to move my legs. It also feels as if i have bruises on the sides of my knee.

i also want to point out that i have fallen a lot on my knees when i was a kid, and i was wondering if that might have caused my knee pains.

i also rarely exercise, so i do not know if little exercise may cause sudden pain on my knees since i am not used to the long walks.
but i also wanted to point out that when i was a kid, i took part in many exercises, such as running, basketball, and so on, yet i still had these knee pains.

please give me some advice, and thank you

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
Re: knee pains, what are possible causes? please help!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 08:57:54 AM »
Could be very tight muscles if you rarely exercise and then walk for two hours upwards at a time - you mention the pain starts in your calves. Tight calf muscles can make your knees feel achy. It is impossible to diagnose whats going on over the net. It would be worth seeing a Physio and explaining your symptoms - they can tell if you have tight muscles or any postural imbalances that are affecting your knees when you walk. Then they can set you up with a proper programme of stretching and strengthening.
Bilateral patella OA since 2009, no surgeries.
Euflexxa working well x3 to current
Right forefoot CRPS post fusion surgery 2011
Refusing to let the ailing parts stop me....

support