Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Microfracture Recovery  (Read 990 times)

Offline kneepain1963

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Microfracture Recovery
« on: January 30, 2012, 03:24:14 PM »
I had Microfracture surgery in early July 2011. And still very disappointed with the outcome!! How long should I wait to consider a replacement? Tired of putting my life on hold because of knee pain!  >:(

Offline jt801

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Microfracture Recovery
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 02:44:04 AM »
It might take a year to get to where you really want it to be. For me it was a year before i could return to doing things i had done before i was injured. With that said it has never felt what i would call "normal", but good enough. I have had small amounts of pain and soreness regularly in the 3 years since my surgery and that's just the way it is i decided. If you don't start seeing some improvements by this summer it might be time to do some investigating. I was sure mine had failed until i had an MRI at 11 months post-op that showed that the mfx worked. That gave me the confidence to get back to doing all the things i wanted.
12/99 left knee lateral release and plica removal
1/09 right knee chondroplasty and microfracture LFC

Offline rob43

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 2
Re: Microfracture Recovery
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 06:48:48 PM »
 ;Di had micro-fracture on my left knee 5months ago i,m pretty much doing nothing still before the op i was told id be running on 6months and football again about 7 to 8months post op
well i,m miles away from that, ive been lifting weights on my leg for 3weeks now and most the time it hurts just as much as it did before the op,with added weakness now that i didn't have before

support