Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee Situation  (Read 796 times)

Offline Jessethehobo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee Situation
« on: January 28, 2012, 06:49:28 PM »
            I had Surgical Repair on my right lateral meniscus in March 2010. 3 months after my surgery, I started noticing a dull pain in the left side of my left knee around the nerve (at least that's where I describe the pain). I figured that it was probably just the extra stress I had been putting on it since the surgery. 6 months from the surgery, the pain had no change. I spoke with my knee surgeon, and told him my symptoms. He gave me some stretched and routines to follow. 6 months of following the doctor's orders, there was no change in my pain. I told my knee surgeon, there was no change, he gave me some other ideas and thoughts. I decided to get some more opinions. I spoke to 3 more doctors. All 3 doctors and my knee surgeon, all had different theories. Nothing horrible; Shin Splints, Calf Strain, Tendinitis, Repetitive motion injury, IT band, stress fracture. All of those things basically require rest, stretching, ice, and etc... Now nearing February 2012. Almost 2 full years after my right knee surgery, I'm still experiencing a lot of discomfort in my left knee, and have tried my best to continue with stretching, resting, ice, and trying new methods.
                 Here are some oddities of my condition: I only feel the pain when I wear pants. Doesn't matter the fabric, just wearing clothing that covers my knee brings on the dull achy pain. Nothing sharp, very uncomfortable. The pain seems to slightly become more uncomfortable the longer I wear clothing covering my knee. I don't know if it's the heat or some other factor that effects it that way. Wildly enough, If I wear a knee pad, I will experience little to no pain even with pants. I still feel that something is there in my knee while wearing the knee pad, but it isn't as uncomfortable. There is no visual abnormalities. No brusing, no discoloration, no bump. While I feel the pain on left side/back side of my left knee, I don't feel the pain on the exterior of my knee. I have to put a lot of pressure on  my knee to get to where I feel the pain is coming from.
                    That's my short story. If anyone can give me any help. It would be much appreciated. If you need any more information from me, I'll be happy to give any information you need.

-Jesse

Offline ElSquinto

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Knee Situation
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:29:02 PM »
Gosh, that's certainly a strange trigger for the pain.

I can't really suggest anything apart from checking whether or not you can trigger the pain just by placing a heating pad over your knee.

Offline Carlthomas2002

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Knee Situation
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 08:27:16 PM »
Hi There,

I know it has been a long time since you posted on this but did you ever find a solution to your issue? I had ACL reconstruction surgery nearly 2 years ago and even till now I have very similar issues to what you had/have including water hitting my leg in the shower or getting into a cool swimming pool. I am planning to go to see the GP this week to see if anything can be done. Wearing shorts I feel fine but as soon as I wear any sort of pants my leg has a dull pain and feels very stiff and gets worse as the day progresses. I have searched for a long time to see if anyone else has experienced this type of issue and this is the first I have heard of it.

Carl