Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Arthroscopy, Tibial Tuberosity and MPFL recon! Help lol  (Read 6222 times)

Offline helencatherine

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Arthroscopy, Tibial Tuberosity and MPFL recon! Help lol
« on: January 22, 2012, 01:37:31 AM »
Hiya :)

I'm on the waiting list for Arthroscopy, Tibial Tuberosity and MPFL recon surgery all done at the same time and i'm due to be operated on within the next 12 weeks or so.  How long roughly will the recovery be? I'm assuming I'll be in a leg brace for a period of time, if so, how long roughly for? I have my Pre Op in a couple of weeks where i'll ask these questions again no doubt lol but I'd like to hear from you guys that have had the same surgery :)

I'm excited but worried...will i ever be able to wear heels again lol? After years of recurrent patella dislocations i'm hoping that this will put an end to them which will allow me to be able to walk with no fear in my mind that my knee is going to pop out :(

Offline oohheykate

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
    • My photography-Flickr
Re: Arthroscopy, Tibial Tuberosity and MPFL recon! Help lol
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 03:50:46 AM »
I haven't had this surgery, but plenty of people on here have. You should look in the post-op or patellofemoral sections or search for TTT or TTO, it's the same thing. There are tons of post-op diaries.

Good luck  :)
-18 years old-
Left knee;
11.07.08- Scope
07.02.09- Lateral Release/Meniscus Repair
11.11.09- diagnosis of Patellar Instability/Patellar Tracking Disorder
12.10.09- Medial Reefing/Lateral Release
01.11- Synvisc
04.14.11- MPFL Reconstruction
06.21.11- LOA & MUA

support