Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Femoral Osteotomy and Arthroscopy recovery times  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Squirrel

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Femoral Osteotomy and Arthroscopy recovery times
« on: January 17, 2012, 04:27:01 PM »
Can anyone help with this?

I am knock kneed and had a Femoral Ostetomy just above the knee on the inside of my leg. this was luckily a closing wedge and with a plate. I also had my second arthroscopy of the year, first one did not work!

This was on 20th December. They did it with a full nerve block and light anaesthetic - amazing - could not feel my leg for two days, one extra night in hospital, but no recovery time from the anaesthetic, which i found hard last time.I was in hospital two nights, allowed home on crutches the third day. Had tramadol for a couple of days, two weeks of aspirin and occasional paracetamol.

I had Bowen work two hours after I got home, got rid of all the inflammation, fluid and muscle tension, so my leg was totally comfortable. This was on day three.

Day Eight  I saw my physio for the first session. She signed me off for six weeks as i had nothing for her to treat until I am off crutches. No inflammation, pain, stiffness and 100 degrees of knee bend, I have to return only if I have a problem, exercises coming along fine as I have not had to lose any time. I have had two bowen sessions to ease off muscles, otherwise all is fine and scar healed well.

I am self employed, my physio is gobsmacked about this, but seems to think i will not be able to work still for three months. Its been about 20 days since the OP now, just need to work on more flexion.

Has anyone out there had a good result and can let me know how long it can take to get back to full mobility with this sort of OP?

Offline Squirrel

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Femoral Osteotomy and Arthroscopy recovery times
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 06:00:34 PM »
Now 6 weeks post op. My break has completely healed, had full x rays today.I can wean off crutches and start full physio.

I am actually able to walk without crutches anyway, have little inflammation and jjust some tightness behind the knee, best of all i can drive.

Can anyone tell me if this is usual post op?

support