Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: bilateral femoral & tibial derotation osteotomy  (Read 6579 times)

Offline kaylakay96

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
bilateral femoral & tibial derotation osteotomy
« on: December 08, 2011, 01:13:33 AM »
hi my name is kayla, im 15 years old and was just looking for some help.
i am currently waiting for a bilateral femoral & tibial derotation osteotomy and i will be having all this at the same time. i dont know anything about this surgery and was wondering if anyone has been in this position and could tell me a bit about it, like recovery time what the surgery is and i have been told that a blood tranfusion is needed but dont know if that is true? i am very scared for this operation, and after i will be in a wheelcair for 3 months.
does anyone know anything about it or any good websites to read?
i am having this surgery cause i have excessive femoral anteversion which is 85 in both legs.
please can someone help me?

Offline WonkeyDonkey

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 13
Re: bilateral femoral & tibial derotation osteotomy
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »
Hi Kayla

I would suggest that you check out the information area on this site, and also search some of the post op diaries, as there is so much experience and information to be had from this site alone. KG's are only too happy to share their experiences but you have to make up your own mind about what you read as we are all different.

Ask lots of questions of your OS so that you know exactly what you are having done, how it is done and all about your recovery. I am recovering from a high tibial osteotomy and know that my experiences are different to some other KG's who have had the same op.

Good luck with your op.

WD

support