Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Questionable MRI result-- need second opinion!  (Read 630 times)

Offline cgvolleyball

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Questionable MRI result-- need second opinion!
« on: June 23, 2015, 04:07:37 PM »
I've been dealing with pain on the posterior aspect of my knee for quite a few months now and started developing pain on the anterior lateral aspect as well. The pain behind my knee is sharp and feels like something is caught when I try to straighten it. After a lot of pain it will finally "pop" and I will be able to straighten my knee all the way/ hyperextend it. After dealing with the pain for quite sometime and being told by a trainer at school that the pain behind my knee was bursitis I decided to see a doctor. After the MRI was read my doctor dismissed the abnormal findings in the sagittal frames of my MRI as simply a cyst, while the physician assistant proceeded to tell me it was a baker's cyst. I agree with the diagnoses that the pain on the anterior lateral portion of my knee is tendonitis, but I think it's because of the strain put on the quadriceps tendon to keep my knee from hyper extending. Attached I have the questionable scan and was hoping I could receive some input.

in my opinion there is no baker's cyst present... please help!

Offline vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 433
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Questionable MRI result-- need second opinion!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 04:26:52 PM »
You need to get a second opinion from a trained radiologist, reading MRIs needs expert training
Everyone on here is a patient. Any professionals would not be able to give a diagnosis over the Internet

Good luck. In the meantime, rest the knee. Follow your doctors or physios instructions :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09 (lat meniscus, lat condyle defect)
LK scopes 8/2/10 & 16/12/10
RK scope 5/2/15 (menisectomy, Hoffa’s fat pad trim)
LK scope 10.1.19 medial meniscectomy, trochlea MFX
LK scope 19.4.21 MFX to both condyles & trochlea, patella cartilage shaved, viscoseal, depo-medrone

Offline bradyj7

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 7
Re: Questionable MRI result-- need second opinion!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 11:27:11 PM »
You must of got a MRI report with your images? Sorry One image is not enough to go on

support