Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Medi M4-S????  (Read 8089 times)

Offline 1knee No.9

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Medi M4-S????
« on: January 10, 2012, 09:15:54 AM »
Hi all,

I have just been prescribed a Medi M4-s knee brace...i was just wondering if anybody on here has had one or knows of anyone thats had one and what their views of the brace are. Also...does anybody know the materials used? it feels like plastic but cant find anything online.

cheers all
18/10/2011- comp rupture of ACL, severe bruising to tibia, fibula & femur, damage to meniscus cartilage due to horror tackle in footy

Offline Slippyknee

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 10
  • LK dislocation, lcl laxity, pcl torn twice,
Re: Medi M4-S????
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »
hi there,
i've been using. Medi M4s for round about 4 months now,
& find it to be Good brace to wear, it took me a while getting used to it but I forget i'm wearing it now.

I think the material's carbon fibre,
I wear mine all day & find it holds my knee great, i'm still having instability with my lcl.
any questions i'll try& help.

barry
LK dislocation,  cartlege trim, 20% lateral meniscus removed
Lcl laxity,  pcl tears, mcl tear

Offline 1knee No.9

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 11:11:52 AM »
i damaged my acl (complete rupture) i was hoping to play sport whilst wearing the brace...have you tried playing sport with it on? does it tend to slip?

thanks for help
18/10/2011- comp rupture of ACL, severe bruising to tibia, fibula & femur, damage to meniscus cartilage due to horror tackle in footy

Offline Slippyknee

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 10
  • LK dislocation, lcl laxity, pcl torn twice,
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 06:43:04 AM »
hi, I wish I could play sport, but i'm a long way away from any kind of sports yet, I damaged my pcl,lcl & cartledge aswell as meniscus repair & 20% removal.

I used to play tennis two or three times a week before this
& i'm hoping to get back playing again some time this year hopefully.

as for the brace slipping, I find it stays in place no problem, for the 1st couple of weeks I was re-ajusting it constantly, until I got some tips from people on here who use braces all the time. thanks dm.
I do find using a undersleeve helps  while wearing my brace, stops straps digging in. and helped keep swelling down later in the day.

when I do return to sport I can't see me not using my brace, it's given me a lot of confidence to up my rehab now, but without it my lcl's still weak & taking longer to heal than we'd hoped.

let me know if I can help with any brace questions.
how's your knee coming along now?

barry

LK dislocation,  cartlege trim, 20% lateral meniscus removed
Lcl laxity,  pcl tears, mcl tear

Offline 1knee No.9

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 10:46:09 AM »
hi slippyknee,

thanks for the tips...my knee is coming on well..my pre-op rehab is going well...having said that im a very determined person lol...im now squatting 110kg unassisted and its feeling good...abit crunchy and squelchy but good lol...when my leg muscles are contracted its fine...but its when they are relaxed it gives way sometimes...or certain movements...but iv just had to deal with it lol.

out of curiosty i contacted medi and they informed me the m4s is aircraft ally with a strong moulded coating (makes it look like plastic...sound right?).

cant wait for the brace to arrive as im itching to hit the water again.

hope your knee gets better soon