Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Swelling & Clicking  (Read 833 times)

Offline k66yla

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Swelling & Clicking
« on: December 03, 2011, 06:58:50 PM »
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what could be the problem with my knee/leg. Hardly got any sleep last night due to the pain and today my cocodamol has'nt had any effect. The sypmtoms are a almost constant throbbing pain just above my knee on the lateral side. It is extemely swollen in that area, not so much my knee though.........just clicking with that. I can walk though that seems to be getting more painful throughout the day. Its also painful when I touch that area.

Hoping someone can give me some advice as its really getting on my nerves now  :-\
April 83 - Right Knee Trauma
             2 Broken Wrists
1999    - Lateral Release Left Knee
Nov 10 - Anterior HornTear & Parameniscal Cyst Athroscopy Left Knee

Offline rmholts

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Swelling & Clicking
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 07:45:20 AM »
I have had constant issues with my knee clicking, grinding and popping, with it having gotten to the point that other people can hear my knee crack, and if you touched my leg you'd feel the bone on bone grinding. My drs told me that its because my knee doesn't track properly across the groove and that is what is causing it to click and crack and pop. I dunno if this helps, but that might be part of your issue, that for whatever reason your patella isn't tracking properly.

Offline k66yla

• Regular Poster
Re: Swelling & Clicking
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 07:54:31 PM »
Thanks for your comment.  :)
I had a lateral release done on that knee in 2000 which appeared to do the trick after 24 years of problems.
Last November after nearly 2 years (injury Jan 2009) of various physio treatments they done a MRI which resulted in an op for a torn lateral meniscus after a fall in Jan 2009. Had ongoing pain issues since the fall especially in the area above(lower thigh) my knee. It has been mentioned that I damaged my ITB as I have a lump there(scar tissue?) but no one seems to be to interested for some reason  ??? . They just want to palm me off with more pills, got sent for a course of accupuncture which had no effect apart from me having a reaction to the needles. Can they do anything for a damaged ITB?
April 83 - Right Knee Trauma
             2 Broken Wrists
1999    - Lateral Release Left Knee
Nov 10 - Anterior HornTear & Parameniscal Cyst Athroscopy Left Knee

support