Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Permanent Arthrofibrosis  (Read 1194 times)

Offline faroboy

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Permanent Arthrofibrosis
« on: August 26, 2016, 02:03:56 AM »
I had 2 surgeries to remove scar tissue, but it came back. I have to have a 3rd surgery.

If I decide to wait, and have the 3rd surgery after a year or two, would that have any effect on my knee? Would it be harder to remove the scar tissue in the future?

If you waited for a year or longer to have scar tissue removal please, let me know!!!

Offline Scubagrl4

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 43
Re: Permanent Arthrofibrosis
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 02:50:47 AM »
I went just a little over a year between my two scopes but I did have cortisone injections and an insufflation during that year. I've recovered pretty well following this last surgery. No where near perfect and don't think I ever will be but I think that year in between helped the inflammation calm down a little. I think what is important though is that I didn't have significant patella Alta or infera. If that is an issue you may not be able to put it off. This is also just my experience and this is a question that would be best answered by a physician with experience in treating AF. Hang in there!
4/14/14 L ACL rupture, grade 2+ MCL tear
6/6/14 ACLr allograft
9/4/14 MUA
10/6/14 LOA/AIR, synovectomy, lateral/medial retinacular release, partial lateral menisectomy, chondroplasty, deep tissue
biopsies.
11/20/14 insufflation, MUA
10/19/15: LOA/air, PLM, chondro, synovectomy, med/lat releases

support