Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Help!!! Advice!!! OCD knee issues....  (Read 589 times)

Offline bridaman51

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Help!!! Advice!!! OCD knee issues....
« on: November 15, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »
Long story short I was diagnosed with Osteochondritis dissicans when I was 18.  Since then I have had 4 surgeries on that knee ( I am now 33).  The knee started aching a year or so ago, nothing to bad, just general pain, I was not concerned.  This past summer I was up on a ladder (about 10 feet) and I fell off landing on my opposite foot.  I injured that ankle (left ankle) pretty bad.  I was on crutches for a little over a week putting all my wieght on my right knee (the bad knee).  Ever since then my knee just has not been right.  It has been hurting so bad, almost bringing me to tears, it hurt so bad.  Pain medicine (which I try to avoid) did not have much affect on it.  Went to the ortho (not my normal one), he took xray said it looked okay.  There was a tiny piece of something where my Microfracture was done but it was not very big (and I forgot what he called it).  He did not think this was the problem.  Because he was seeing me for my ankle as well, he decided to perscribe physical therapy for both.  Said I would not need a return appt unless my knee continued to hurt.  This was from a very well respected and well known ortho, one of the best in my area that is why I went to him.  He seemed very thourough and talked me through a lot of things.  However he was not very concerned, and made it seem like everything would be fine.

My question is am I over reacting?  The pain feels bad it really does or I would not be at the doctor.  There is also pretty significant swelling and a large lump on the side of my knee, that my family physcian said was soft tissue.  I can walk on my knee, most of the time it is with a limp, I was able to run before the ankle injury, really have not since but that is because of the ankle.  Should I not be concerned either?  I see my physical therapist today and thursday, he has tried so hard on the knee, heat, electrobes, sound waves and everything in between.  I just wish someone would be honest with me and be like you are acting like a wuss, shut up and deal or be like it could be this or this or whatever.

Offline bridaman51

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Help!!! Advice!!! OCD knee issues....
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 09:50:25 PM »
Well my last PT was today.  He was unable to speak to my ortho since Tuesday since the ortho was in surgery on Wednesday.  Of course my knee and ankle has not gotten any better, swelling is still bad.  So the therapist immediately went to the surgeon today after my appointment.  They have me scheduled to come back in to see the ortho on Monday.  Pretty quick turnaround.....  We will see...