Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Microtears after TTT  (Read 579 times)

Offline Nessieeee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Microtears after TTT
« on: November 15, 2011, 08:59:23 AM »
hey everyone,
Read these boards ALOT before my TTT and lateral release in July. After many dislocations and much pain surgery was necessary. TTT, lateral release and plica removal in left and a simple plica removal in right all at once. Started PT five weeks post op after NWB for first   4 weeks. Was very rough at first but once I was walking things progressed quickly. Was doing well at PT up until two weeks ago when I moved and I think did too much. Both knees have been bothering me but today at pt, left leg(ttt) got so bad I couldn't  do anything at all. Not even stretching.very frustrating. Pt think possible microtears are causing pain. Was told to take it easy for a few days. Ice an elevate before making appt with ortho. My original injury was MCL tear and patella dislocation. Has anyone had any issue like this. I'm worried about another injury just as I felt I was getting better....
Appreciate any input :)
Thanks

Offline KinnaMarie

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Microtears after TTT
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 02:09:37 AM »
Heys!

Your story sounds somewhat similar to mine.  I had a TTT, lateral release, and ligament work.  I started PT about 3 weeks after the surgery, was non weight bearing for (ever!) about 6 weeks, and was in a brace for about 4 months.  When I was finally allowed out of the brace I started to be more active and then everything went down hill.  I started bruising and swelling, and now it has gotten to the point that my knee is completely swollen and bruises when I bend it.  My dr. says it gets angry.  I've had 7 MRIs, x-rays, was put back in a brace, and now they don't understand what is going on (besides telling me it's angry and something isn't right, but they can't figure it out.)  Sometimes they think it is a nerve issue, they thought it was a metal allergy so he took out the screws, and now he is just guessing that it may be the sutures he used to fix the ligament....  So I am not the greatest help for you, but thought I would share that we are kinda experiencing the same issue.   

support