Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knot on outside of hip  (Read 543 times)

Offline kaci74

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Knot on outside of hip
« on: November 14, 2011, 04:54:34 PM »
Hi everyone.  I had TTT performed 3 years ago with hardware removal one year later.  My quad is still weak and I've been really working my leg (lunges and stairs).  I now have what feels like a knot on the outside of my hip.  My leg feels tired and there is some discomfort in my quad.  Could a knot form from overuse?  Not sure if I need to check in with a physician, rest my entire leg, or apply heat or cold compresses.  Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, kaci

Offline allyd

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 34
Re: Knot on outside of hip
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 06:34:09 PM »
If you are concerned about it, the best place for non-speculative answers is your physician.

That said, it could definitely be overuse, weak hip muscles, muscle strain(somthing to the effect of a hip flexor?) etc. - Hip and core strength have been shown to be integral in proper knee control/alignment. Any rehab program should include strengthening hip & core strength as well as the quads, hamstrings, etc.
04/09 RK - Dislocated Patella & Grade III MCL Tear
06/10 RK - Re-Dislocation Patella
09/11 RK - MPFLr + Lateral Lengthening

Offline kaci74

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Knot on outside of hip
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 07:09:58 PM »
Thank you so much for the reply.  I was hoping to quash some of the what-ifs and your message gave me a little peace of mind.  I will definitely consult a physician.  Thans again.  Kaci