Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: burning from knee after arthroscopy  (Read 1473 times)

Offline trebor1965

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
burning from knee after arthroscopy
« on: November 12, 2011, 09:42:59 PM »
PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP
six weeks ago i had arthroscopy and the surgeon shaved my malisculus im having a burning sensation from km knee running down my leg, this now appears to be happening on the other leg i believe its because i been putting extra pressure on the good leg
i had a knee injury from playing football a few years ago had a scan and this showed showed there was a problem with the manisulus, i then unfortunately fell ill and had a couple of months without walking and to keep my mind active started making my own hiking kit, i spent a few hours at a time on my knee and its from this time the burning sesation started
WOULD ANYBODY POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION PLEASE, I DONT BELIEVE MY SURGEON ON PHYSIO KNOW WHAT IT IS, IN FAIRNESS TO THEN I HAD THE SCAN DONE BEFOR THE BURNING SESATION STARTED

Offline KartBoy

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 7
Re: burning from knee after arthroscopy
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 05:29:14 PM »
If you had surgery only six weeks ago then pick up the phone and call the clinic or hospital and tell them. There is no reason why you can't get an urgent follow-up consultation. It might mean a bit of a wait in outpatients but if your that uncomfortable its up to you to make sure something happens.

All the best, Andrew
7th Mar 08 - Pedestrian hit by car
10th Mar 08 - TPF (Plate + 6 screws)
12th Mar 08 - TPF Revision
Feb 09: Hardware removed + scope
Jun 10: ACI Stage I
Aug 10: ACI II (Stanmore)
Oct  11 - MRI + Scope (In pain)
Aug 12 - MRI + Scope (In more pain)
Sep 12 - TKR ruled out :(