Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Tingling/Odd colour after TTT and Lateral Release  (Read 1254 times)

Offline alisham

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Tingling/Odd colour after TTT and Lateral Release
« on: November 12, 2011, 09:45:42 AM »
Hi,

Just having a few issues after surgery. I had a TTT and Lateral Release 5 days ago. I have had lots of swelling/pain after surgery which I know is to be expected.

The last 24-48 hours the spasming and tingling in my leg has become a lot worse. The spasms I can deal with, the tingling however in my foot/ankle and shin is getting a lot worse and my foot on occasion is turning a purple/reddish colour. It goes back to normal sometimes though.

The tingling and colour change doesn't occur at the same time and doesn't appear to be related.

Just wondering if this is something that is related to the surgery, or to be expected or if I should be calling my GP/Doctor

Thanks

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
Re: Tingling/Odd colour after TTT and Lateral Release
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 10:25:43 AM »
I would probably get it checked out. Impossible to say what it is, but when someone says things are getting much worse in 24-48 hours a few days post surgery I'd be feeling it is wise to get checked out. Yes, swelling and pain and stuff are normal - you've had a lot done. But if you feel things aren't improving and symptoms are worsening then it is wise to get a medic to check you over. Anything like an infection, DVT etc can't be diagnosed over the internet. It is really likely its just your leg reacting to the big trauma but I'd be saying get yourself seen just to be sure. Health is too important to gamble with.

Keep us posted

Lottie  :)
Bilateral patella OA since 2009, no surgeries.
Euflexxa working well x3 to current
Right forefoot CRPS post fusion surgery 2011
Refusing to let the ailing parts stop me....

support