Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: osteochondritis dissecans... HELP PLease!!!!  (Read 574 times)

Offline bridaman51

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
osteochondritis dissecans... HELP PLease!!!!
« on: November 12, 2011, 01:58:08 AM »
Hello all... I have had problems with my knee for over 15 years.  3 surgeries, 2 being microfracture, loose body removal and cyst removal.  I currently am having problems again.  Went and saw a orthopedic surgeon (not my normal guy), and he took an xray.  Said look okay as the spacing on the xray looked good.  But there was something where my lesion was, he called it something, (looked like a little icecylce).  He said that was probably not the major cause of my issues, but he was not to familar with my knee and my normal ortho would be better at determing what exactly to do.  He sent me to physical therapy, which has not helped.  I am back on crutches as the pain in my knee gets so bad it almost brings me to tears at times and the physical therapist can not ssem to control it at all. 

What I am trying to figure out is what the ortho called that that damage?  Like I said it looked like something hanging down where my microfracture was.  it is connected to the knee and pointy, as well as small. 

Thank You

Offline KW

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • My new PFJR...Love It!!!!
Re: osteochondritis dissecans... HELP PLease!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 02:15:50 AM »
Did he call it osteophytes (Bone Spur)?
Right Knee
2000 - 2002 - Scope,LR,TTT,Unscrewed
01-10-12 - PFJR

Left Knee
04/07 TTT/LR
08/07 Bone Grth Stim
10/07 Loose/Bent Screw
1/08 Unscrewed/MRI~NON-UNION
02/19/08 Lt  TTT Revision W/Graft
12/09/08 Scope
05/15/09 Scope
09/04/09 PFJR/Unscrewed

Offline bridaman51

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: osteochondritis dissecans... HELP PLease!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 02:23:46 AM »
It might have been a spur.  He said it was not that serious and he was not concerned about it...

Thank You