Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: help turn MRI into english.  (Read 1242 times)

Offline kodiac72

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
help turn MRI into english.
« on: November 10, 2011, 02:18:08 AM »
I had a retinacular release in may of 2008.  I never did get back the full strength in the knee and developed IT band syndrom.  This summer I started to take a high intensity work out class at the gym.  Lots of squats with weights,ab work and lots of shoulder tris ect.  My knee started to bother me more and more.  I basically had to ice my knee 6-8 times a day .   I saw a ortho doctor to get it checked out and to get a cortisone shot.  The doctor who did surgery retired at ripe age of 55 lol.  I was sent to physical therapy for 6 weeks after my knee felt worse but the IT band was better.  So the doctor ordered an MRI and now wants to operate.  In the 3 prior visits he was very anti surgery but something in the MRI must of changed his mind.  I will get more in depth with the doctor later this month when I schedule the operation.  Here is what the MRI says.  I googled some of it but can't find great information.

Interpretation: Anterior soft tissues,distal quadricepts tendon, patellar tendon appear intact.  There is deep fissuring of the retropatellar cartilage particularly posterior apex and extending onto the lateral facet.  The lateral facet articulate with the anterior surface of the lateral femoral condyle.  There is some degenerative change and/or degenerative spurring involving the posterior inferolateral patella and the anterolateral femeral articular surface at the level of the revios retinatuclar release.  Thickened retinaculum demonstratos a surgical defect measuring 7.7 mm in the aterior posterior dimenion.  Medial retropatellar cartilage is intact.  Medial retinaculum is intact.  Trochelar groove articular cartlige is intact.  No underlying chondral marrow edema.  Linear low singal intensity defect through the posterolateral apex of the hoff's fat pad is likley a postsurgical scar.  Anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments appear intact, medially, articular cartilage,medial meniscus,medial collateral ligament appear intact.  Laterally, articular cartilage, lateral meniscus,lateral ligamentous structures appear intact.