Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Laurie's ACI  (Read 1097 times)

Offline elliottl73

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Laurie's ACI
« on: November 13, 2011, 03:02:32 PM »
Hello all,
It has been a few days since the surgery to be honest this is the first day I have felt like getting on the computer.
I had surgery 1 Nov.  All went quite well I wound up in the hospital until Friday the 4th mainly tryinh to get a hold of the the pain control.
I wasn't allowed out of bed until PT came to see me which was about 24 hours I hate bed pans never could figure out the knack of it :-[
We arrived at the hospital early as usual and were told my op was scheduled for 5.5 hours that was a little shocking. That was to alow time for anything that popped up unexpectedly.  The hospital had some sort of electrical issues so I went in a little late.  A bunch of surgeries were cancelled mine couldn't be due to the cells being sitting there ready.  They changed the or I was to be in so I got visits from 2 different anesthesia teams plus the block team.  I was given a femoral block ( best thing ever til it wore off OMG).
They wheeld me back arong 11:00 am got to my room about 4:00 pm to the faces of my family.  The PACU was awful my nurse was not a nice lady my husband was ready to get into a fight with her.  Thankfully he looked at my big sad eyes and I begged him siliently to not start we wouldn't be there long so he went for a walk.
Transfer to my room was easy and I had great nurses very concerned about my comfort etc
Well enough for now I will catch up more later
Laurie :)
9/2010 fell broke nose and injured L knee
10/2010 MRI  negetive
1/21/2011 diagnostic arhtroscopy woke up with MFX
8/11/2011 new MRI showed failed MFX
9/1/2011 Biopsy for carticel
11/1/2011 ACI
5/31/12 scope and microfracture again 1/2 ACI failed
9/2/12 Scheduled OATS,Osteotomy

Laurie

Offline elliottl73

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Laurie's ACI
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 06:28:02 PM »
Went for post op appt today.  Dr took steri strips off no stitches to remove they were desolvable :).  He gave e teds since I still have trouble with swelling and he gave me 20 degrees on the brace and pwb. I can start light pt and come back in 4 weeks.  He also fixed me up with more pain meds.  My poor short little leg was so swollen by the time we got home ice felt like heaven as well as some meds I am all fuxed up for now ;D
9/2010 fell broke nose and injured L knee
10/2010 MRI  negetive
1/21/2011 diagnostic arhtroscopy woke up with MFX
8/11/2011 new MRI showed failed MFX
9/1/2011 Biopsy for carticel
11/1/2011 ACI
5/31/12 scope and microfracture again 1/2 ACI failed
9/2/12 Scheduled OATS,Osteotomy

Laurie

cdubb

Re: Laurie's ACI
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 11:30:03 PM »
Hi Laurie,
Thought I'd pop in on your thread to track your progress.  I just saw now you were doing one! That's great you had dissolvable sutures...I did also and my scar looks awesome! Seriously, at a year post op, you can obviously see it, but you have to be close and staring at my knee to notice it.  I am super pale, so that does have something to do with how well it healed though.

support