Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP  (Read 1743 times)

Offline pattifaler

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP
« on: October 29, 2011, 06:50:19 AM »
I had surgery 2 weeks ago, to clean out my right knee. I have very bad osteoarthritis. I had bone spurs. My knee IS EXTREMLY STIFF AND PAINFUL!!!!!  I am soo scared something happened to my knee....
My knee is not feeling better, it feels worse.  Sense the surgery if feels like the arthritis exploded in the knee, like a volcano. I would like to know if anyone has had this problem, or something like it??? My doctor that did the surgery told my husband that it was bad, and I am looking at a knee replacement with in a year. But, I thought I would have had some relief from the procedure he did... I am "STILL" taking pain meds.... I honestly don't know what to do.. Could someone please give me some advice... Thank you ssooo much.     :)

Offline Jond

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 11:22:33 AM »
You will have swelling and inflammation from the surgery

It should calm down with time. Elevate it, rest it, ice it, good luck

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 04:04:12 PM »
If the doc removed bone spurs, there is still bone pain and inflammation at this point.  Bone pain is the worst!  Elevate, ice and use the pain meds as needed.  Be sure to discuss your ongoing pain concerns with your ortho.  If he won't listen, then talk to your GP to make sure your pain is managed while you heal.  If it is bad enough that a TKR is in the near future, this surgery could have made the arthritis flare badly too.  It may take a couple weeks more for things to settle down.  When do you see your OS next?
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline pattifaler

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 03:27:16 AM »
Thank you for your advice... @ twobadknees:
  I seen my ortho today. He showed my the pic's from my surgery. My cleaned and repaired a torn meniscus, and  bone spurs...  My knee is very bad with aosteoarthrits.. It will have to be replaced. I am going to wait until after the holiday's to get the knee replacement done.    My knee is still bad. What he did, did not help.  He tried to give me some reliefe.  I went to visit a friend today, and she lives in a second floor apt. And the steps were very steep, and there was alot of them... Now, my knee is very swollen and VERY painful.. Have you or anyone else had ran into this prob?? Go to visit someone and, OMG there are steps. And, All I thought was, I think I can, I think can...... But, now I am paying for it tonight. Thank you sooo much for all your help  :) 

Offline pattifaler

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 03:36:17 AM »
@TwoBadKnees:  I also forgot to say , the osteoarthritis did explode in my knee... it became soo much worse.. I wish i never had it done...  thanks again,

Patty