Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: lateral release and mpfl recovary 7 weeks post op  (Read 857 times)

Offline dougle2k8

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
lateral release and mpfl recovary 7 weeks post op
« on: October 26, 2011, 03:17:03 PM »
hello today im 7 weeks post op of my mpfl and doing what i consider would be hell pains gone down a lot im completly of crutches only use them for stairs think my psyio hit the jacjpot 4 days ago when he got me doing deep squats with my feet 7 inches away from the wall and my back against what i want to know is the following,

1, when can i expect to smash past 90 degrees im currently able to get there just but want more what exercises would help push this and i mean push this i want to go hard core on it

2, when can i expect most of the swelling on the knww to go down its ten times better now than it ever has been and only flairs up when i do psyio but when can i expect all swelling to go and if it does not go surely that means somethings worng

Offline rob43

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 2
Re: lateral release and mpfl recovary 7 weeks post op
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 04:42:44 PM »
your 7weeks lateral release and alrdy exercising
wow
i,m 6weeks post op lateral release and cartilage micro fracture not even walking yet

Offline dougle2k8

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: lateral release and mpfl recovary 7 weeks post op
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 05:06:25 PM »
yeah m8 my lateraly release is huge scar is 8 inch long and the mpfl but operation might not og gone so well both bone anchors came out past 90 degrees and surgons backed up on himself so ive got to go royal orphedic down london now cos me knee caps are small from nail patella syndrome but ive come along good surgons protocall was brace for 4 weeks and they started psyio 12 hours after the operation was hard at first took 2 hours to push past the pain barrier before i got stright leg lifts going, my psyio has worked wonders last week my leg was flying forwards and popping cracking and clicking his had me doing 60 lunges with back against a wall and has worked wonders my surgon said the first 6 weeks psyio are most important no slacking off my pasyio made me go thrgouh major pain