Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Results from Xray  (Read 746 times)

Offline Tashaden

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Results from Xray
« on: October 22, 2011, 08:52:24 PM »
Hello! My Rhuematologist sent me for xrays of my knee. He called and said it was just Osteoarthritis. I got the xray report and it states Severe narrowing of the medial compartment with bone-on-bone articulation and osteophyte formation. Varus deformity. More maoderate disease is present in the patellofemoral compartment. Small lateral compartment spurs without joint space narrowing.

The Ap comparison view of the right knee reveals medial joint space narrowingof moderate severity and a central tibial bone island.

Conclusion: severe left knee osteoarthritis.

I am going to call an ortho.

Does anyone know what it all means? Does it sound like I am going to have to have knee replacement?
Thank you
[email protected]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:01:28 PM by Tashaden »

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: Results from Xray
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 03:37:19 AM »
knee arthritis can be dealt with a number of ways depending on the degree of damage, your age, etc. If your symptoms are bad enough, then they may recommend doing something surgically, but they may first get an mri for a more advanced image of what your knee looks like before deciding to do anything.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline brianwith2ndknee

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Results from Xray
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 03:36:14 PM »
As DM said a big factor for knee replacement is age along with deterioration or defect . I am 35 and my last surgery should have been a full knee . Due to my age they preformed an OAT's procedure with reconstruction  . This of course is followed by vigurious PT and time . Micro fracture can be an option for the cartlidge deterioration as it will cause a lining of scar tissue as a replacement of your cartlidge . This will all depend on the severity of the deterioration that the OS finds . If in fact you need surgery , just be preparred round the house for a little challenge and follow the drs orders very close and you should be fine .
Knee Scope and Microfracture 03-2010
OAT's procedure , Reconstruction , Femoral nerve block 10-2011

Wishing everyone a healthy speedy recovery and good luck to all...
Brian S

support