Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 4mos Post MPFL question  (Read 656 times)

ddavid

4mos Post MPFL question
« on: October 21, 2011, 01:23:29 PM »
Hi,

I am depressed a bit and impatient.......I am 45 and have a history of disloc/sublux....Im in PT now  (surgery was June 23, 2011)and getting strength back but it is slow.........I have a lesion under my patella that catches sometimes and it scares me to death because it feels like a sublux but its not. This happens randomly when I walk..

My question to you veterans--------My PT told me it may be a year before I recover fully........am I jumping the gun with being all consumed with my current situation.......my knee rules my thoughts.

I am having limping issues........my gait is good for a short walk and knee feels great.......then,.my leg gets weak and my gait gets sloppy then I stop because I dont want my patella to catch or pop...which is when it usually does this

Is it too early in strengthening PT to feel like this is as good as it will be??

Please any advice would be appreciated!

thanks.

Offline brianwith2ndknee

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: 4mos Post MPFL question
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 03:42:07 PM »
Time of course is the issue for all of us . I was a quicker recovery at 1 1/2 mnths after the 1st surgery back on my feet with no issues . The 2nd one I am 3 weeks into and have a long journey ahead . One product that I have mentioned many times before is an all natural product called glucosimine chondrotion with lotril . It takes about 2 - 3 weeks to affect your body , but it is an excellant supplement for all of your joints and cartlidge in your body . The brand I use is Osteo-Bioflex .
Knee Scope and Microfracture 03-2010
OAT's procedure , Reconstruction , Femoral nerve block 10-2011

Wishing everyone a healthy speedy recovery and good luck to all...
Brian S