Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Medial paellofemoral ligament tear no surgery?  (Read 4116 times)

Offline RLE

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 7
Medial paellofemoral ligament tear no surgery?
« on: October 19, 2011, 04:24:23 PM »
Has anyone had a tear (first timer) without surgery, just PT with success? My right knee was always a bit sore and recently (I'm 49) it started to give out maybe 2 or 3 times. On Aug 21 I had a traumatic injury with a dislocation (which popped back) and a tear. Two doctors told me 60% of the time if it is the first injury the scar tissue will hold the joint in place. The last doctor wanted to do a surgery with a lateral release but agreed to a "conservative approach" The first 3 weeks I couldn't get my knee to bend more than 70 degrees. The next week the knee locked up totally and the following week the surgeon did a manipulation. Then a week of horribly painful PT where I got to 120 then back down to 100. This is week 8 and still at 100 and stiff. I have a CPM that I begged to keep for 3 weeks. It helps with the stiffness. Can walk on it more than about 20 min at a time and using the stationary bike or having the PT bend it is excruciating. Next week is my last scheduled week of PT. What if I'm still at 100?
Anyone gone through this with success?
Accident 2011: permanent dislocation, hole under the patella, bone fragments/debris embedded, scar tissue, 3 torn ligaments, fracture, cartilage sheared off, contracture,
2011 MUA
PT on-going
2012 MPFL reconstruction,TTT
        TTT
        Lateral lengthenin
        Arthroscopy/clean out
Thx Dr. T

Offline Tuttley

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Medial paellofemoral ligament tear no surgery?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 02:08:20 AM »
Try posting in the patellofemoral section, lots of helpful people with patellofemoral ligament issues to help you with advice :-)

support