Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Ossicle removal ( After Surgery)  (Read 2637 times)

Offline sirdeanalot007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Ossicle removal ( After Surgery)
« on: October 19, 2011, 08:19:34 AM »
Hello i had knee surgery in late july, for the removal of an ossicle on the right side of the right knee. The surgeon also performed an arthroscopy which he found no other problems, the ossicle he removed was about the size of a pea it was attatched to the side of the patella, which he also skimmed down to make smooth. The reason i got the surgery was that, i had a bump on the side (the ossicle) and it was hurting after i played a full game of football or ran for to long. The surgeon did not know what the bump would be before the surgery, and thought if it was giving me that much greif i should have the op, so i decided to.

It has since been nearly 3 months and it is still hurting when i walk up stairs, it is fine throughout the day during normal activities, but i am a keen footballer and really want to be able to play, when i visited the surgeon he said the op was uncommon for the location of the ossicle and he had no clue as to the time for everything to heal to 100%. There is slight pain in the center of my knee and in the place where the ossicle was removed, the surgeon said i may have scar tissue where the removal took place, but was vague as to what i should do to stop it hurting.

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this type of op and what the healing process and time was.
Any help would be really appreciated Thankyou

Dean

support